Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

back to books

My cousin had been bugging and pushing me to read The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown since early this year but I wasn't in the mood to buy a book back then aside from the fact that I was in the middle of reading The Lord of The Rings, so I figured I just wait til he finished reading his copy. Well, turned out he still hadn't finished it by the time I had to leave for Melbourne and the whole thing just got put back behind in the priorities list until a couple of weeks ago when a friend of mine was talking about the book. So I went looking and saw a series of books by Dan Brown at a bookstore. The story of a dead curator leaving behind a trail of clues leading to a secret society didn't exactly catch my interest on the spot so I decided to pick up a different title, Digital Fortress, which is more of my flavor, having read a fair few of Tom Clancy novels.

I'm more into stories on US intelligence and securities agencies, espionage, conspiracies, that kind of thing. Icing on the cake would be if it has a techno/futuristic flavor to it like the original Net Force novel which spawned off a whole series of books and a TV movie. Which reminds me, I need to go check those spin off novels and see if any of them's worth reading, I bet there's a ton of them now *sigh* Then again I stopped reading Star Wars books as soon as Del Rey picked up the title and opened the floodgates to a whole heap of Star Wars: New Jedi Order titles. I've never picked up any of those, completely swamped and gasping for air just looking at the endless rows of those books in bookstores.

Anyway, back to Digital Fortress, I'm going to disappoint you if you think I'm going to do a review of the book cuz I just simply haven't read it though apparently my brother has finished it already. Turns out he read it a few years ago but didn't quite remember how it went though he did say it was okay. Well, fasting month's coming in several days so I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to read especially with my exams finishing right in the middle of it, leaving me with a couple of weeks of empty breaks between meals.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment