Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

Me vs the English language

Something that came up in a recent conversation:

Why is there a construction but no prostruction? Same deal with proversation. -I've always been told to look at things from both sides, yet whenever I present an opposing view to a popular sentiment, even though it's only presented as an alternative, people give me weird looks-. Anyway, when you have something that's against, it's often preceded by the prefix con- and when it's in agreement, pro-. So let me ask you this, why doesn't protractor mean the opposite of contractor yet protract is the opposite of contract -at least in one sense-?

There's a whole bunch of other pro vs cons I wanted to talk about but it's 3 am, brain isn't functioning as effectively.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment