Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

Baked Potato

How the hell do you make a proper baked potato? I followed the instructions as given yet somehow I end up with baked potato in runny milk. It tastes all good, just what i expected, and even the texture was right but how do you make it so that it's set? The top layer was all perfect. Golden brown, melted cheese, all you wanted off a well made baked potato. Below it though, is all problems. Milk all over like nothing happened.

I decided to put more breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and mix it all around so the crumbs would spread inside out. I figured it lacked yeast so more breadcrumbs = good.

Well, after waiting til the pyrex cooled off (it was frighteningly hot after 20 minutes in the oven at 220ÂșC) I put the whole thing in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Helped a bit, it's more solid but still a bit liquidy, kinda like lava when you move the dish around. I was hungry and it was good enough so I just left it at that and ate the damn thing already.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On Thursday, October 21, 2004 7:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean one of those casserole type dish? Try less milk and more cheese. Slow cook with a moderate heat (180C)

Yeast got nothing to do with it.
--
=^^=    



» Post a Comment