Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

Spring is definitely here

The last several days have been pretty sunny, warm, with cool breeze and for sure, I can say spring has come. While the season actually started back in September, the whole month was mainly full of rain, wind, thunderstorms, etc just like winter. There were a couple of very clear and sunny days with temperature reaching well into the 30's (goddamn hot days they were) but that was it and as far as i'm concerned, it was only a preview of what's coming.

I take it as God's twisted and evil sense of humor, I mean what else could it be? 3 days of solid sun, dry wind and 30ºC+ weather sandwiched between torrential rain, 12º, and strong wind. It was practically summer right in the middle of winter when it's meant to be spring, though it is Melbourne, the city with weather so unpredictable, people call it 4 seasons in a day.

At least now the weather's kinda settled on 20-ishº. It's been quite stable the last couple of weeks, slight rain but nothing major, mainly sunny with cloudy periods. While it's comfortable weather, I find it very difficult to dress for mainly cuz nearly my entire wardrobe is full of items better suited for winter. Not that I can't wear them in warm weather, it's just they're not comfortable for summer and it doesn't help that I can't restock my threads due to lack of cash. It's nearly the end of the month so I'm pretty close to another injection. While that would definitely help, I need the money to save up for a new computer.

This iBook is close to 3 years old and while it's served me well, my needs are slowly outgrowing its limits of abilities. I've already spent 30% more than what I paid for to get it working again and I'm not prepared to spend 50% over to prop up an old workhorse.

Apple's released a new lineup of iBooks a couple of days ago and while its pricing is impressive, it's not even close to persuading me to buy one even if I had the money. I'm planning on getting the model that will come with the next version of Mac OS X (10.4) and given that 10.4 is slated for release 1st half 2005, it should fit perfectly with my savings budget projection^_^

Which brings me back to my rather pathetic wardrobe. I NEED NEW THREADS!!! T______________T
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment