Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

Sums it up

This strip illustrated precisely how I felt about the movie.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On Wednesday, July 12, 2006 10:50:00 AM, Blogger Suds said...

Really? Because personally I was not THAT impressed. There were cool bits, but if I had wanted to see a movie about Jesus I would have gone and seen The Passion (I didn't).

P.S. For me, Pirates 2 was perfect, all the awesomeness of the first Pirates, taken to the next level... a level of pure awesomeness.

P.P.S. I thought it was awesome.    



On Wednesday, July 12, 2006 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Aulia said...

Y'know, I don't get the Jesus comparison.    



On Wednesday, July 12, 2006 5:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fold my hands in queit and deep contemplation, closing my eyes to piece together this conundrum of an analogy. Alas, but I found nothing. This puzzle shall eternally remain an unsolved mystery.    



On Saturday, July 15, 2006 12:56:00 PM, Blogger Suds said...

Wait are you guys being sarcastic? Cause sarcasm doesn't work great over the internet.

That movie was like going to church, except instead of Jesus having beard and sandals he wore red and blue and beat dudes up.

1. The whole father son thing? Sending his only son to Earth as our salvation? Half those monologues are probably in the bible.

2. The talk about crying out for a saviour?

3. The bit where he gets kicked and beaten as he crawls through Lex's kryptonite island thing - much like when Jesus walked to the hill where he was crucified and was kicked and beaten the whole way. You could argue that having the kryptonite shoved in him was much like when they jammed a crown of throns onto Jesus' head.

4. The repeated crucifix poses

5. The rising from 'death' after 3 days

There were probably more, I figure they deliberately went this way to court the rabid Christian movement in the US.    



On Sunday, July 16, 2006 8:16:00 PM, Blogger Aulia said...

Uhh, apart from the first point, I never got the rest of the references.    



» Post a Comment