Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

Crazed Donuts


While Aussies are going ga-ga over Krispy Kreme, Indonesians are doing the same over J.Co with lines up to 20 meters outside every outlet for a tray-load of sugar-coated dough.

What's J.Co? Its owner (or should I say franchise holder?) and all its press materials claim that it's a franchise of an American doughnut chain (HA!) but before this year I've never heard of it, nor have I met anyone who had. I know Krispy Kreme for years, Dunkin' Donuts are worldwide, and I'm familiar with Canada's Tim Hortons but not J.Co.

It sounds more like a Japanese franchise than a US one (yeah, just because) but if it really is a US franchise, I wonder why no one's ever heard of it before. The fact that the name practically screams out the Indonesian owner's first name -Johnny Andrean, the enterpreneur- raises my suspicions even further.

I have no problem with its existence (they taste like KK's), I have a problem with the pretense they put up (and the Starbucks-like logo).
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On Friday, June 23, 2006 12:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw Krispy Kreme bakal masuk indo ni :D sekarang lagi diurusin ama yang punya Starbucks dan Chatterbox    



On Friday, June 23, 2006 8:51:00 AM, Blogger Sunny said...

Krispy Kreme will be coming to town? Yay.

To: Oli
J.Co doughnuts. Huh. My friends euphoric respond over this doughnuts made me crazy. Making it worst, when finally I had chance to taste just one of 'em, eww, I just like putting a spoonfull of sufar right into my mouth.

Btw, have u heard of Blenger Burger?    



On Friday, June 23, 2006 8:58:00 AM, Blogger yours trully said...

I read on Business Week (indo edition) that J.Co was founded by Johnny Andrean through 3 years of experiment.. so, J.Co is not a franchise. HOW FUCKIN RICH JOHNNY ANDREAN NOW. i need to wed him quick.

eh and KRISPY KREME ALREADY HERE!!!    



On Friday, June 23, 2006 10:49:00 AM, Blogger Aulia said...

You better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why
Krispy Kreme is coming to town

==============

Btw, yeah I figured J.Co wasn't a US franchise.    



On Saturday, June 24, 2006 9:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Originality? What do you mean there's originality in Indonesia?

VW: zcordomp
XDDDD    



On Monday, December 10, 2007 11:14:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

well... J.Co doughnuts was originated from Indonesia, started up by Johnny Andrean. It was then till recently they started the franchise opportunities to overseas. It was franchise from Indonesia.    



On Tuesday, March 25, 2008 11:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever it is, I do salute Johnny Andrean, he saw the opportunity and grab it at the right timing and he's laughing all the way to the bank. Bravo Johnny, not only you are a great hairdresser you are also a visionary entrepreneur.    



» Post a Comment