Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

It's weird


The longer I stay away from Australia, the closer I feel like an Australian, and the more people say I act like one (how? no idea). In no way that I am one (I have no desire to be one) but having spent over a third of my life there, it probably left a lot in me, like the fact that I'm a die hard rugby league fanatic who hates AFL with passion, goes for Melbourne Storm in the NRL and Queensland for State of Origin, and New Zealand in the international scene. I long for having pasta and gelato in Carlton, chillin' out by the Yarra, shopping at VicMart, and checking out the joints in South Yarra. Can't leave out Connex and Yarra Trams of course, proud operators of the city's major transit system.

If it's all greek to you then you need to spend a few months in Australia. On the east coast to be more precise, or as I like to call it, the civilized coast. LOL. Plenty of Greeks there too (man that was bad).

Where is home? I don't have one. I live in a house, but it doesn't feel like home, although Melbourne is quick becoming one.

Anyone know where an idealist, stubborn, and aggressive guy like me can call home?

Yeah I'm homesick.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:47:00 AM, Blogger Suds said...

Awwwwww...

Melbourne is the best! I've lived here now for... just coming on 20 years (so that's around 85% of my life), and I can't imagine calling anywhere else home! It's a small city by global standards, but it has everything you'd want in a big city too.

P.S. How can you be a Melbournite and hate AFL?    



On Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:59:00 AM, Blogger Aulia said...

Because it's a silly game.    



On Thursday, June 15, 2006 1:37:00 PM, Blogger Suds said...

It's not silly! It's fast-paced and totally hardcore!

No unecessary stopping and starting here!    



On Thursday, June 15, 2006 2:18:00 PM, Blogger Aulia said...

Hardcore. Yeah, if you call ball biting and bitchslaps hardcore.

[player]: Ooops, I missed the kick for goal!
[umpire]: That's okay, here's one point for your effort.
[player]: gee thanks!

Not to mention flooding haf the field to reduce movement and momentum. :rolleyes: :P Hahahahahaha!!    



On Thursday, June 15, 2006 3:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel more at home here than anywhere else.

Oh, just to add another spark, Rugby > AFL. Whee~    



On Thursday, June 15, 2006 7:10:00 PM, Blogger Raw eggs said...

This is stupid
Really it is
On the other hand it does have a point
Look, a lot of people don't really have a home
Liking where you live doesn't make it home

and that ladies and gentle people, is how you spell troll    



On Friday, June 16, 2006 5:23:00 AM, Blogger Aulia said...

LOL. Shutup asswipe.    



On Tuesday, June 20, 2006 2:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Home is where you heart is.    



» Post a Comment