Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

To Macintosh

Hello.

You were born 22 years ago today, on January 24th 1984 in Cupertino, California, USA. You introduced yourself to the world when Steve Jobs lifted that bag that you were under and your first words were:

Hello, I am Macintosh. It sure is great to get out of that bag!

Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking, I'd like to share with you a maxim I thought of the first time I met an IBM mainframe: Never trust a computer that you can't lift!

Obviously, I can talk, but right now I'd like to sit back and listen. So it is with considerable pride that I introduce a man who has been like a father to me... Steve Jobs!

You have undergone 15 major operating system updates from System 1.0 to Mac OS X 10.4 and grew up from a tiny 8MHz monochrome system to a blazing fast 2.7GHz dual core multicolor supercomputer.

You are about to undergo yet another change. A major transitional change that will see Intel processors replace the PowerPC architecture that you have been accustomed with for more than a decade. You have achieved so much in the last 22 years including being a major Hollywood actor, a recording artist, and your contribution to the design and genetics industry is unparalleled

Despite all that, you will still achieve even greater accomplishments. iPods may have stolen the limelight off you in the last five years but you are still the backbone of Apple and you will remain so for as long as people need computers.

Happy Birthday Macintosh.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment