Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

Oh yeah

Happy new year everyone! Hope the past year went as planned or as close to your plan as possible. Mine didn't. The last month was much better than most but overall, the year has been rather disappointing having to leave out more than a few things off the list.

So far things are looking up for this year (and it's only been 2 days!)

I spent new year's eve at a mall. Sounds pretty boring doesn't it? Not really though, caught up with a bunch of friends I haven't seen in a while, went bowling earlier in the day with Sav, Joe, and another friend, and spent the rest of the evening at a friend's restaurant in the mall. It's where I've been hanging out for the better part of the month because not only is the food excellent, it's got free Wi-Fi!! Actually, I think the entire new half of the mall does but one of the base stations is placed right at the front of his restaurant perched on a ledge of a decorative pillar, so I'm all happy about it. It gets him customers and it gives me free broadband internet. What could be better eh? Well, I still have to pay for parking if I drive there though but hey, it's all good, half a day's parking there costs less than half as much as a grande frappucino.

Anyway, I left the place around half past one. Most other joints in the mall shut down right after the clock struck midnight '06. Around 11p.m a DJ set up at a corner and started pumping music to what's left of the crowd, about a hundred or so people. He should've started at 9p.m when there's still plenty of people, dumb organizer. For some reason the countdown stopped at 6. I think he expected the crowd to follow through but it didn't sound like anybody did, the music was too loud to hear anything else. The TV was showing fireworks, which I think was at the beach, going off 2 minutes early, which means those people there started the year before the rest of the time zone. Heh.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment