Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

Family

Went to my dad's monthly family gathering today at his late brother's house. Not everyone showed up but it's normal, not everyone can show up every time right?

Apparently my Dad's grand niece who's older than me by 5 years got married again a few weeks ago. The age difference is not surprising when her mom, in other words my cousin, is a few years older than mine and that Dad's Borg designation would be eight of thirteen.

A revelation was made to me while talking about her wedding. Turns out the entire clan numbers upwards of 150 people. That's just from my dad's side, made up of his remaining siblings, their spouses, kids, and grandkids. Any family member getting married would have to contend with that number as a minimum of invitees although the norm here for weddings is to hold them in fancy ballrooms, hotels or otherwise, with over 1000 guests anyway. I wonder where people get the sort of money to afford that.

Another thing about Dad's family is that it's full of females. They outnumber the men by maybe three to every one and with the majority of them are under 15 or over 45, it makes for very noisy and very loud gatherings.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment