Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

So here we are

Three days away from Apple's "One more thing..." announcement and I've been waiting to get a new iBook for a week. It's really hard to wait when you know you can go out and buy one right now but there could be something on the horizon that may bring the price down. As soon as Thursday rolls around, I'm going over to Streetwise to pick up a 12" iBook if Apple doesn't release a new portable. If they do, it's not like I desperately need one by next week, I can just wait until they drop the prices on the current ones.

The G3 500 just doesn't cut it for a lot of things anymore. It's a great machine for OS 9 but with OS X, especially Tiger, things are getting too slow. I can't go back to OS 9 because a lot of apps I use are OS X only and OS 9 equivalents either don't work as well, don't do enough or just don't exist.

Speaking of the iBook G3, I came across this site the other day. It sells parts for Apple notebooks and it has what I need, a set of iBook G3 display screws. My iBook has been like this for months now. Can't really carry it with me outside the house because I can't close it unless I risk breaking it. Good news, it ships internationally, bad news, they cost US$19.95. $25 for a set of screws is just utterly ridiculous, plus there's a shipping cost. I'm still looking for a flat head 6 mm screw, no way I'm gonna pay over $5 for a set of srews.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment