Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

Ouchie.

Just happened recently, 2 days ago in fact. I got home and opened my ibook when suddenly there was a grinding noise coming out of it. Since it's out of warranty (iBook G3 500 first release), I shut it down and proceeded to take it apart upon which I saw this inside:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Not a pretty sight is it? The one screw that's holding the hinge in place is broken, leaving a stump stuck in the lower part.

Now the iBook won't close because if I try to close it, the renegade hinge would grind the the top case and force the metal rod that it's supposed to hold, to prop open the back of the iBook. At the moment, the iBook is warped on the right hand side.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Getting it fixed at an Apple Service Center is out of the question because I don't have the cash and even if I do, I'd rather spend it on a new 'Book.

Anyone got any ideas on fixing it? Mine at the moment is to try and pull that stump out of its place and replace it with a new one.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On Saturday, July 02, 2005 6:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Errr.... I'm second to that.

You can always open a donation box or something like that. =D
--
=^^=    



On Saturday, July 02, 2005 2:39:00 PM, Blogger yours trully said...

oh no.

mau tukeran ama laptop gue? *tetep*    



On Sunday, July 03, 2005 8:11:00 AM, Blogger Aulia said...

I wouldn't even touch that piece of crap with a 10-foot pole. ^_^    



» Post a Comment