Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

iPod stuff

So the other day I went and bought a Belkin Sports Jacket for the iPod. I have to say, it's probably one f the best iPod skins on the market and they apparently ran out of stock in the US. This is what I got when I went to their website just now.

While it's a really good iPod skin, I'm rather annoyed that it's not compatible with the iTrip. I know they're not from the same company and Belkin have their own FM transmitter (which sucks cuz it needs batteries) but it would've been nice if I can plug the iTrip on the iPod without having to hold the thing in place or remove the skin. The top of the case is too thick for the iTrip to be locked in place and if I try to force it, the skin would slowly push the iTrip off as it retains its form. Some photos of the skins.

By the way, I need a new pair of earphones. My iPod's earphones are busted because of too much strain on the wire coming in to the plug I suppose. Anyway, I'm looking at a few Sennheiser ones, the MX 350, MX 500 and MX 550. Why earphones and not headphones? I often use only one earbud when walking because I'd still like to be aware of my surroundings. I can always turn down the volume if I use a headphone but it's a lot less convenient that way, rather restrictive IMO, having your head in a clamp like that.

Update - Friday 10:25pm
Went to JB tonight and scored myself an MX 450 instead for $30. They didn't have them when I went there on Wednesday. The downside of the Sennheiser MX series is the cord's only 1 meter long so they barely fit the way I carry my iPod (left front pocket of pants with the cord running down my back). I guess they made it short for people who use a remote control for their players. Me, I don't like using it.

Now I can listen to Paul Anka's Rock Swings album that I got on Monday, when I'm on the move. It totally rocks.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On Friday, September 02, 2005 5:10:00 PM, Blogger Suds said...

No way! Headphones rock hard! I listen to my music for the sole purpose of blocking out sounds of the 'real world'.

Plus nothing screams "I don't want to talk to you" like a big ole pair of skull dwarfing headphones!    



On Friday, September 02, 2005 7:05:00 PM, Blogger Aulia said...

You know what, I totally had you in mind when I wrote that line on headphones. It wasn't there originally when I posted :D

Besides, if they really wanna get to you, a pair of headclamps won't stop them ;)    



» Post a Comment