Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

Odd Friend

On Saturday my bro, Sav & I watched Serenity for the second time and we went to this relatively new Japanese restaurant called Tomodachi at Melbourne Central. Trendy looking place with matching prices (in other words, not a joint we'd go to regularly). It's got a sushi train, something we've missed since Rin shut down several weeks ago, but obviously, it doesn't have the flat $2.20/plate pricing Rin did on the weekends.

As we nearly finished eating, this guy came up and asked how things were. Looking at his suit, good chance it's the owner/manager, so we said it's pretty good, which is what we'd say if we enjoyed the meal. He replied, "Pretty good? not really good?". Admittedly the king prawn teriyaki was good but I don't know if it deserved a really good comment, but I didn't tell him that. Anyway, what was I supposed to say in a situation like that?

Having been to many Japanese restaurants in Melbourne, it struck us as very odd that Tomodachi also lists Korean food. The Japanese take-out at the corner of my block also has Korean food but it's run by a Korean. It just felt a bit strange seeing Bibimbap listed next to Teriyaki.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On Monday, October 10, 2005 8:44:00 PM, Blogger Suds said...

I'm impressed that the manager came up and asked you how it was! Though I am always skeptical about whether what you say in those situations actually changes anything....

Regardless, I've been meaning to try that place out for a while now.    



On Tuesday, October 11, 2005 7:54:00 AM, Blogger pi22seven said...

You dishonored his king prawn teriyaki by saying it was "pretty good". Guy prolly fell on his sword after you left. Way to go.

I am jealous that you saw Serenity again. My wife won't see again cuz of Wash. I don't know if I should be mad at her or at Joss.    



On Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:07:00 AM, Blogger Suds said...

I almost cried when Wash copped it! =(    



On Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:18:00 AM, Blogger Aulia said...

It is a good death. There's no shame in that.

Go watch it yourself    



On Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:19:00 AM, Blogger Aulia said...

oh man, you had to butt in, that was in reply to pi's post!    



» Post a Comment