Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

Crappy Movie Drama

No, I'm not going to talk about drama movies. This is about a crappy experience in getting a ticket to a movie. On Saturday I went to meet my cousin Aria and his girl to watch V for Vendetta at Pondok Indah Mall. On thursday the movie was still at PIM 2 which meant admission was about 1.5 times than at PIM but on Friday they switched it to the old Mall, which is weird because I thought they change schedules every Thursday. Anyway, lighter on the wallet, not complaining.

We didn't exactly set a time to meet, just around lunch time, which to me meant 1 pm but he was already there at 12. and I was still at home. Turns out my brother was coming and we didn't leave until around half past 12. Traffic was a bit heavy so it took nearly 1 hour to get there (light traffic = 25 minutes).

I forgot to tell Aria that my bro was coming so once we got there I had to go buy an extra ticket. Easy. Show isn't until 3:45, it's still 1:20, plenty of time. I went in, lined up, and didn't move for the next 30 minutes. O_O. I thought what the hell was going on? Why are these people taking such a long time. I couldn't move from the line to ask anyone that might know cuz I'm gonna lose my spot and the others are outside having lunch.

Several people in font were getting restless and the staff aren't helpful. They only let people know what's going on if they come up and asked them. Easy for them, they got friends lining up as well while I'm on my own. I was about 10th in line and half the people in front left out of frustration. Finally I was close enough to hear what they're talking about but not close enough to ask. Turns out the entire mall's cinema system broke down, including the one at PIM2 next door and has been for the last hour. So those people in front have been waiting for half an hour longer than I have and their movies are already either 15 minutes or half an hour in. had the system at PIM2 not go down, I'd be able to go there and get my tickets from there (cross-mall ticketing system)

Nightmare. I'm not pressed for time but waiting half an hour in line to buy a ticket for a movie that's not ultra super mega extra hyped like LOTR and Star Wars and not even on its opening day is just ridiculous. It's not like I'm going to watch a stage play, a musical, or concert.

I ended up calling my bro to get me my iBook cuz I was getting bored. I thought I might get online with the free wifi they got. Guess what, I was just outside the range. Figures.

After nearly an hour, the cinema people decided enough's enough. They can't fix the problem so they pull out the old style booking system. Pen and paper. They had print outs of the seating arrangements for the six theaters and stacks of blank tickets. Based on the last booking info, they crossed out the seats that were taken and each ticket booth handled 2 cinemas so people had to reshuffle to match. You also can only buy tickets to the next show. Fine by me.

Only when I got out of there and at the restaurant I realized I got a ticket with an impossible show time. It had a start time of 16:88. Yeah. 4:88 pm. WTH kind of time was that??? The other tickets had 3:45 on, which is when the movie starts (not the trailers and ads, they start earlier), his had 4:88. WTF?

I'll post the scan later if he still has it.

The movie was excellent by the way. I haven't read the comic but on its own it's a damn good movie. I love the alliteration introduction by V to Evey. Wachowski brothers should stick to writing screenplays, not directing.

Here's the full text of the intro as it was said in the movie:

Evey: Who are you?

V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of What, and what I am is a man in
a mask.

Evey: Well I can see that.

V: Of course you can! I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely
remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

Evey: Oh, right...

V: But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more
commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona:

V: Voila! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and
villain by the vestiges of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige
of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.

V: However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has
vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing
the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

V: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the
value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

V: Heh ha ha, verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply
add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Evey: Are you, like a crazy person?

V: I am quite sure they will say so.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On Monday, March 27, 2006 10:48:00 AM, Blogger Sunny said...

LOL. Excuse me but I can't stop laughing when u said the time on the ticket. 16.88. Hahaha. So what time exactly was that? Have u got a clue?

And wow, this V seems to be a person I easily yawn to. Huhuhu. But the movie sounds appealing tho, so yeah, it goes to my watch-list.    



On Tuesday, March 28, 2006 2:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easily, the best 2006 film I've seen so far. I expected that it won't be that great and I was wrong. It realistically envisions a future society bounded by terrorism, epidemic, and unity of its people towards freedom and hope against their totalitarian government. Every second of it is entertaining. Superb actings for Hugo Weaving and NataLie Portman.

V, is our modern hero!

P.S The V character is one of the most charismatic, enigmatic, and remarkable figures to be portrayed in film    



On Tuesday, March 28, 2006 2:47:00 PM, Blogger yours trully said...

pasti yang bikin subtitle nya belibet tuh. bodoh ga terjemahan indonya?    



On Tuesday, March 28, 2006 2:56:00 PM, Blogger Aulia said...

well, 16:88 would be 5:28 but the movie started at 3:45 like what it said on the other tickets like I mentioned. Obviously it's just a typo.    



On Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:06:00 PM, Blogger Aulia said...

The translation? lumayan sih, not too bad but I wasn't paying attention to the text.    



On Thursday, March 30, 2006 3:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGWTFBBBQ! Cleolinda and Movie in 15 Minutes are back! She did V for Vendetta! W00+!!oneoneeleven

Linky in my blog.    



» Post a Comment