Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

Teh iPod is broke

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
So yesterday on the way home, I noticed the songs on Frost, my 20GB iPod, were stuttering and some won't play at all. Once I got home, I went to restore it after backing up the files I had in it. The songs were of course safely stored on Ice. No, not solid dihydrogen monoxide, Ice is my 80GB external firewire hard drive, which itself may need its own backup after three years of continuous use. I'm looking to buy a 160GB drive but won't be anytime soon. Got other financial priorities to attend to.

Anyway, after a restore, somehow Frost wouldn't take anymore than 500MB of data, not music, not other files, nothing. It's all fine under 500MB but if I try to cram in more, it would freeze up the Finder and any other program that's trying to access it like iTunes, until I force-disconnect it. No, I can't use the Force and go Anakin Skywalker on it.

Now, several software restores and disk repairs later, it still won't take more than half a gig so after classes today I went straight to AppleCenter at Flinders street and had them take a look at it. They'll call me in one week to let me know whether they can get it fixed or they have to replace it with a new one. I'm hoping my AppleCareā„¢ investment pays off.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On Wednesday, April 13, 2005 4:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Hope Frost will get well soon. *hugs*
--
=^^=    



On Thursday, April 14, 2005 8:20:00 PM, Blogger Suds said...

My sister's iPod died as well (though i may have mentioned this to you, can't remember) she dunked it in a bucket of water by accident...

Unfortunately for her she has no applecare.    



On Friday, April 15, 2005 8:24:00 AM, Blogger Aulia said...

yeah you mentioned it to me, it fell off her jacket pocket or something. I think Frost got a bit of iPod shuffle envy so it wants to be just like it. heh    



» Post a Comment