Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

The cat's out of the bag

Some people got Tiger early from overexcited Apple resellers who thought it's okay to ship them a week early. From a photo of the box, it looks like my line of thought was right, they dropped the 10.x moniker in favor of actual names. The black box says Mac OS X Tiger on the spine with a dark metallic X and a tiny white apple logo on front.

Speaking about OS X, I just noticed I only have one Mac OS X box. The original white Mac OS X 10.0 box with the blue aqua X in front. My 10.1 came in a cardboard sleeve through Mac up-to-date program, Jaguar came with the iMac G4, Panther came with my bro's iBook G4, so this will be the first Mac OS X stand-alone purchase I've made since 2000! It would've been cool to have all five boxes though but that means I'd have had to spend about $149 (student price) four times over four years just for OS updates. Apple dropped the price on new Mac OS from $229 to $199 so the student price dropped to $129 this year.

Cat of a different bag, Microsoft released a sneak peak of XBox 360 and the first thing that came to my mind was... is there no stopping these Redmond copiers??? The console is apparently of vertical orientation encased in anodized aluminum with grater holes at least on top according to the picture. Sounds familiar? You might wanna take a gander at this machine.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment