Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

New iPod and a brush with a celebrity

Got a phone call early Monday morning from AppleCenter @ Flinders, the guy on the phone said I could pick up my replacement iPod, so now I have in my hand a shiny, sparkling, brand spankin' new iPod 20GB, free of scratches and surface damage. It seems to be the policy at Apple that they replace all defective iPods with new ones instead of trying to fix it. No, thats not just from my own experience. Plenty of stories on this issue in online boards over the years. Good thing I backed up everything first or I'd have lost all the data I had in Frost. Way to go Apple! Thanks for the new iPod. Being still under extended AppleCare warranty helped my case I suppose.

Today I was at Café Gréco at Crown having a late afternoon snack with Sav and Gwen who's been here for the last three weeks, I figured we should catch up before she leaves this Saturday. Anyway, when she arrived, she said she thought she just saw Eva Mendes sitting inside, we were sitting outside cuz it was a nice day. We didn't believe her at first because I didn't see why she would be in Melbourne but then I remember Ghost Rider is currently halfway through filming in Melbourne and she might be here for that but I wasn't sure if she was in it. I only know Nicolas Cage was. So anyway, Gwen convinced me to go inside and just take a look for myself and pretend I was looking at the cake selection, so off I went. It was hard to miss where she was sitting as she was at the corner near the cakes display, and as I got back to our table, I said "If that wasn't Eva Mendes, that must be her twin." I was still not entirely sure because she looked so thin!! I mean I just saw Hitch in the theaters a few weeks ago and she didn't look thin. Of course, it was shot last year so anything could happen. I never took a second look and she was gone by the time we were finished. I only realized it couldn't have been anyone else when I checked IMDB and saw her name listed in the cast for Ghost Rider!!!

So yeah, that was my slight brush with a celebrity.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:09:00 AM, Blogger Suds said...

I can't believe you didn't just go in and ask her if she was Eva! That would have totally been your 'in' to start talking to her...    



» Post a Comment