Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

What a day

Okay so yesterday was a pretty full day.

I got up at 7:30 am and was feeling quite refreshed despite staying up to play Ace Combat 5, which I finished several days ago, just a day after my brother bought it. He did the bulk of the game but we alternated so the game was practically the only thing on TV from the minute he switched on the PS2 to play it until I finished it less than 36 hours later. The PS2 wasn't on ALL the time of course, we didn't want to burn the power adaptor. Yes, we played on the easy setting! We just wanted to finish it right away and enjoy all the other challenges later.

Anyway, I immediately realized upon waking up that there was absolutely no way I could make it to my management class because it's at 8:00 am and it takes me between 40-60 minutes by tram to get to campus, plus the 15 minutes I need to get to the tram and wait until one comes. It's a 50 minute class so by the time I'd get to campus, it'd be all over and my next one was later in the afternoon so why bother coming in early?

The Formula 1 street parade was on at midday and I was looking forward to that. The plan was for me to come back straight to the city straight after class, which would've meant I'd have been there by 10:30 am at the latest. Well, that plan fell in a scrap heap but it also meant that I didn't have to do all that traveling. So around 10 am I headed to the city to meet Sav at the Starbucks next to the Westin Hotel. A nice surprise was Riga, an old friend I hadn't seen in over 2 years. I met Draco on the way and he told me he was on his way to meet Riga at the Starbucks next to Niketown. I knew she was in town but thought she left already because he told me sometime ago that she was only here for a week and it was well past the week. We caught up on a lot of things especially since it turned out it was her last day in Melbourne. She was going back to Indonesia today so the four of us ended up spending the rest of day together.

From there we went to the Formula 1 street parade and met Nana and her sis. While we had still and video cameras, we weren't in the best spot to take good pictures (note to self, next time, pick a spot at the end of a straight or on the apex of a turn). I asked Nana to try and take shots with my digicam while I use the camcorder. I caught some shots on the video cam but the stills were useless and Nana told me my digicam ran out of batteries so I told her to just pack it in my bag.

From the street parade (more on that on the next entry) we head off for lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant. Food was good but somehow on that day they had a terrible service. They gave us all small ceramic cups for the complimentary tea but the tea never came. So we had a stack of four empty cups until we left.

My food didn't come long until everyone else's did because the guy (owner?) completely forgot all about it. He brought me something totally different from what I asked for and looked confused when I told him it's not mine. When it finally arrived (double the wait for me), they must've forgotten all the side dishes because we never got them until we asked for them.

Lunch was the only thing bad about the day though. Afterwards we went around, did some errands and hung out at Max Brenner's chocolate bar late in Melbourne Central in the afternoon. At this point I was annoyed because none of us had a proper camera, we had to resort to phone cameras. We were planning to go out and take plenty of pictures but I dropped the cameras off at Sav's because there was no reason to walk around carrying a camera with dead batteries. I could've bought extra batteries but the reason I use rechargeables was that I wouldn't have to keep buying them!

Okay so we were at MaxB's for what seemed to be hours before Riga had to run another errand. We talked about things from gadgets, school, old friends, etc. Found out about the odd behaviors of one of my best friends soon after he got himself a girlfriend five years ago and was married not too long after. He distanced himself from us and pretty much everyone he knew from Melbourne and back then I joked that he must've become a hermit. The reason behind it was pretty disturbing and slightly shocking but it made complete sense. He used to be one of the most active members of our group but one day he just disappeared with very little explanation. Emails changed, phone calls don't get answered, messages largely ignored, he was very quiet whenever we're around and somehow looked uncomfortable. After he got married, he was a bit more communicative but was very little like the person I used to know.

Riga had bought herself a 40Gb iPod photo a month ago. I told her that Apple released new iPod photos just last week but when she found out the new ones only included a pair of earphones and that her model was dropped in favor of a 30GB, she was even happier with hers.

As we were talking about iPods, I took a casual look at mine and checked the calendar to my complete shock. While watching the street parade, I thought it ran overtime so there was no way I could've made it to the afternoon class as it was at 2 pm and the parade didn't finish until 1:30. At MaxB, I found out the class was actually at *drumrolls* 5:00 PM!!! That meant I could've made it had I gone right after lunch!! @_@ T_T AAAAHHH!!

On the other hand, it was half a lecture (the first half was the day before) and there was no way we could've hung out with Riga after yesterday unless she takes another trip here sometime in the future and that's not even in her plans yet.

It was near dark when we left MaxB and she had to finish sorting her stuff out before her flight today so we parted but not before we took another stroll in the city.

Now, this morning, I found out that THE BATTERY IN MY CAMERA DID NOT RUN OUT!!!! GAAAAAARRGHHH!!!! Nana you blockhead!! I'm gonna smash your head with a bag full of water next time I see you!!!

She must've turned off the display accidentally and didn't realize the battery still had power. She turned the camera on and off repeatedly but all she got was a black screen. Busy with the camcorder, I didn't bother too much with my digicam. I knew it seemed strange because I had it on full charge in the morning and it can last several hundred shots.

You know what's even worse? I forgot I had a pack of replacement power cells in my bag that I carried before dropping it off at Sav's. Why oh why did I have to hand the camera to Nana???? T__________________T
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:09:00 PM, Blogger yours trully said...

JADI.... SEMUA SALAH GUE? SALAH TEMEN2 GUE?

kalau diperlakukan seperti ini saya sudah biasa

(AADC MODE OOOOONNNNN!!!!!)    



On Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elo budek sih, Na! XDDDDDDD    



» Post a Comment