Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

Right choice

Looks like I bailed just at the right time. Having been a long standing Nokia user, I switched to Sony Ericsson just over a year ago after seven years and 3 Nokia phones. Why SE? Simply because the T610 is fully compatible with Mac OS X. I can update my contacts list, calendar, and transfer pictures to and from the phone all via bluetooth without a hitch. Only the more expensive Nokia phones could do that back then. Sure, the camera was (still is) shit but I have a proper digital camera that works perfectly with iPhoto anyway.

That was also not too long after Apple announced a partnership with Sony Ericsson when they just launched the T68i. Last year, Apple announced another partnership, this time with Motorola for music playback on Moto phones due to come out this year and some Motorola phones are already Mac compatible via USB cable.

Now, while SE keep releasing Mac compatible phones, I've always preferred Nokia's menu system and I've been waiting for the day they would snap back to their senses and stop making phones that look like their designers had massive brain explosions so I can reconsider buying a Nokia. Then again going by what I see on this page, that day may never come. Also it says something about the market leader when they resort to imitating a competitor's outdated model.

So we come to today and the first news I read was this: Nokia strikes a deal with Evil Empire. That's the end of that. Should I need to replace my T610, it will be another SonyEricsson because more of them are beginning to catch my interest and whatever the SE phones lack, it's covered by my iPod.

Motorola is a distant second as they need a USB cable despite having bluetooth.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On Tuesday, February 15, 2005 6:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Shock! Horror!* NOOOOOOOOO~~~!!!!!!
--
=^^=    



» Post a Comment