Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

End of a journey

Here lies Frost 3.0.
20GB 4th generation monochrome iPod.
Loved til the end.
RIP
February 2006 - February 2007.

Frost 3.0 was the second replacement for my 4th generation 20GB monochrome iPod. The original Frost died 3 months after I bought it and Frost 2.0 in February 2006. Both had hard drive failures which made sure I got more than what I paid for when I bought AppleCare Protection Plan, but Frost 3.0 hung on for the longest time.

I plugged Frost to a newly arrived demo unit of JBL On Stage Micro this afternoon at work only to find it shut down within a few seconds. No amount of button pressing and connecting could revive the little unit and there was a smell of burning component emitting from the dock connector of the iPod. Several seconds later, Frost began to heat up and the smell got stronger. After a few minutes, it cooled off. End of the road.

Maybe it's Frost's way of telling me I should drop my insistence on Firewire and adopt USB 2.0. I don't like USB 2.0. It may be fast and allowed for slimmer devices but my dislike of USB 2.0 is out of principle just as much as its inferiority.

On the other hand, maybe I should adopt a new iPod. I need my music on the road.

Can't afford a 30GB at the moment and I'm not a fan of the nano. shuffle is pretty handy but I like having my address book and calendar in my iPod and I wanna play games on it. Solitaire and Breakout helped me pass the time I spent in trams, trains, or just waiting anywhere.

Sad? surprisingly, just a little. I'm definitely going to miss it though, I have a trip to Singapore in a few weeks and it's gonna be a bit difficult without my little buddy.

Labels: , , , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On Saturday, February 17, 2007 4:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rest In Peace, Frost.
We will always remember you.

Love,
Sav the human, Karupin the cat, Beast the iMac, Akuma the iBook, Bakemono the iPod and Imp the flash disk.    



On Thursday, February 22, 2007 4:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha lucu banget commentnya :)    



» Post a Comment