Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

Catch up

Damn, it's been over a week since the last entry. Plenty of things happened but I just couldn't be bothered to update.

Sunday
The Storm handed down some more thundering punishment, this time to the luckless Dragons. The week before, the Dragons were pummeled 28-0 by the Bulldogs in the first half before they came back and scored 28 points of their own after the break. They scored the first two tries in the second half sparking a comeback but unfortunately for them, the Dogs scored another 18 points to send the Dragons home without a point on the ladder.

This time, it's the Storm's turn to hand the Dragons a scoreless first half. Outscored 24-0 in the first 40 minutes, things were looking like a repeat of last week. When the Dragons scored the first try in the second half, it was like looking at a replay but that was the extent of it as Melbourne again crossed the line four more tries with a couple of penalty goals to bring the score to 46-12 after the green light was given by the video ref for a dubious Dragons try. While the game wasn't as exciting as the Knights game, it provided for the best start to the season ever for the Storm, sitting pretty with four points on top of the ladder with a 72 point for and against.

Monday
Had dinner with Sav at Shuya, a real nice Japanese restaurant off Bourke Street. It's one of those places where it's more suited for people in.. well.. suits. I felt like I was underdressed wearing my khakis and short sleeve. The waiters were nice and helpful, food was excellent except for the baked fish in mornay sauce, that one was extremely sour, then again so is everything if you put too much lemon on top of it. stupid. stupid. stupid. The tempura tastes like the ones they had in fancy japanese restaurants back in Jakarta when my parents used to take my and my brothers out for dinner. There's a certain taste to it compared to other regular places. I gotta make a mention of the sashimi. They served it in a crafted ice bowl over a bed of crushed ice.

Tuesday
Finally got my Battlestar Galactica DVD from Amazon after a month-long wait. Pretty bare packaging, just a case, a sleeve and a disc with no booklet, poor effort from Sci-Fi channel. I haven't checked out the extras yet though, maybe this weekend. I also ordered a book at the same time, the Cult of Mac, but they just shipped it so it'll be a couple of weeks at least.

Wednesday
I need to go shopping. My fridge is bare (I can fit in there) and I'm down to the last pack of pasta. Not sure if I can do it tomorrow because I'll be out til late and it's Easter weekend from Friday to Monday so supermarkets will probably close. Grmph! Speaking of Easter, what's a bunny got to do with Easter in the first place and since when did they give away chocolate eggs?
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment