Sunny Side Up

Dude, seriously, geek.

Trivia quizzes

I know it's been around for ages and ages but I've never been to a trivia night/day/pub/whatever until today. Yeah, yeah, welcome to 2000 or whatever, shutup. They had it on campus today during lunch time and damn, it's fun. Who cares if you know Sweet Fanny Adams. They had it on the main street and anyone who felt like a challenge could just walk up and wait in line. 60 seconds to answer as many questions as you can, one who had the most correct answers at the end wins $150. Most I could answer was 3 in one sitting (they had really obscure questions like the country formerly known as north rhodesia or whatever is now called... it's zimbabwe).

The thing was one on one with the quizmaster so if it's not your turn you're not supposed to answer. At one point, some chick who couldn't resist answering yelled out the answer to the common name of natrium chloride (table salt) so the poor guy who was on the hot seat had to forfeit one question. No big loss, he couldn't answer most of them anyway and went back to zero when he gambled all his answers and lost. Obviously not a Seinfeld fan, one guy didn't know how George's fiancée died.

Saved myself from embarassment this morning when I went in to the wrong lecture room. Good thing i spotted those graphs on the overhead. Apparently it was some advanced economics class or something and I was supposed to be in a marketing lecture NEXT DOOR!!. Not my fault the rooms had identical numbers, one was I2.02.01, the other was I2.02, besides, it's my first class there.

The new iPods have just started trickling their way down to retail. Most stores still don't have them though one Apple Center was expecting 40 units of the 20GB model to come in today. They're still selling the 3G models but with the new price. Like it maters, I still can't afford it. Blah.
« Home | Next »

On Tuesday, July 27, 2004 3:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahah wrong lecture hall! *LOL*

me want iPod too!!! ="(

-gwenniez    



» Post a Comment